Steps to synchronise Quickbooks files between two computers · Step 1: Install and download data transfer utility. · Step 2: Paste the company file. Can I Transfer My QuickBooks License to Another Computer? Yes, you can always transfer QuickBooks license from one computer to another. I can share some insights about installing the software on different computers. If you're using a single user license and is not using the file.
How to share quickbooks with another computer - can not
Opening a company file stored on another computer
QB Issue Resolution:
The following items are required before you can open a company file that is stored on a remote computer:
- The folder on the computer storing the company file must be set up to be shared over the network. For more information, see What is folder sharing and how does it work? Additional information about sharing files is available at the Microsoft Windows Web site.
- If you are using QuickBooks 2007 and later, it must be set up for multi-user access. See Setting up multi-user access.
- If the company file is on a file server, you must have access to the server.
- The linked computer or server must be mapped as a network drive to your own computer. For Windows 2000 and Windows XP mapping instructions, see Mapping a network drive.
- You must be set up as a QuickBooks user with a user name and password.
- QuickBooks and the QuickBooks Database Manager must be installed on the computer storing the company file to ensure the most reliable connection.
To open a company file that is stored on another computer, install the QuickBooks Database Manager on the remote computer, and then locate the company file.
- Install the QuickBooks Database Manager on the remote computer:
- On the remote computer, install and then open QuickBooks.
- Select the File menu and select Switch to Multi-user Mode.
- Click Yes in the Multi-user hosting setup required window.
Note: QuickBooks installs and runs QBDBMgrN.exe as a background service. This service must be running on the computer storing the company file even if QuickBooks is not open.
- Click OK on the Multi-user setup information window.
- Add the necessary users. For help on adding users, click on How Do I? at the top of the User List window.
- Locate and then open the company file:
- Select the File menu and select Open Company (in QuickBooks 2007 or later, select Open or Restore Company).
- Click the Look in drop-down arrow and select the mapped network drive that contains the company. For example, if your company file is mapped to drive E, look for Company Files Name (E:) in the list.
Note: If necessary, double-click the appropriate folders until you see the company file, which has a .qbw file name extension. Select the company file from the list and click Open.
- If prompted, enter your user name and password.
Resolution for Issue 'Opening a company file stored on another computer' available: Yes (Solved).
Source: Intuit Community forum.
Opening a company file stored on another computer: this issue or error code is a known issue in Quickbooks Online (QBO) and/or Quickbooks. Support for this issue is available either by self-service or paid support options. Experts are available to resolve your Quickbooks issue to ensure minimal downtime and continue running your business. First try to resolve the issue yourself by looking for a resolution described below. If it is a complex issue or you are unable to solve the issue, you may contact us by clicking here or by using other support options.Support for Company
Quickbooks Repair Pro will resolve it efficiently and affordably. Guaranteed resolution of your issue, or you pay nothing!
Error Recovery for Company [Canada]
E-Tech is the #1 Quickbooks data migration and Conversion service provider.
Click Here for 50% off!
Additional Support Options: